The December Issue

Dec 21, 12:18 by Bluejack
Late & a little light. But see the editorial for why. Down, maybe, but not out!

(And the editorial is... here.)
Dec 24, 10:15 by Bluejack
Happy holidays everyone!
Dec 24, 16:58 by Mahesh Raj Mohan
I'm sorry John left, but you all did a great job with this issue. Looking forward to the next ones!
Dec 28, 13:06 by Dawn Burnell
Just curious as to how you contacted the readers. I'm a subscriber and I'm registered for the forums, but I didn't receive a mail.

Also, should people resubmit any outstanding queries that were with John before he left?
Dec 28, 15:41 by Bluejack
At this point I believe we have contacted all those who have known submissions or queries in to us; there's a small number of outstanding submissions which we should have responses to within a week to ten days. If you haven't heard from us by now, please do resubmit anything to me (for now: we also hope to have a new editor-in-chief within about 2 weeks.

Realistically, I think the next issue will be out at the end of January, and I guess we'll call it the February issue. We had 11 issues total in 2004, and I hope we can do 11 more in 2005 (that being, sans the January issue: next January's issue, published in December, would be a 12th published issue in the year, but it will be counted towards 2006).

As for sending email to readers: I sent email to all those subscribers who have their preferences set to "notify when a new issue is out." (Reason: a new issue *wasn't* out, which is sort of a related topic.) It should be noted that a great many emails seem to get caught in spam filters of one sort or another these days. I clicked through the web-authorize links on earthlink and related sites for well over 100 emails this month. Also, there were about 35 rejected emails (mailbox over quota, user unknown, etc.) -- you might want to double check that we have the correct email on file.

-Blunt
Jan 3, 12:25 by Dawn Burnell
Thanks for the update. I didn't have "new issue" set so I set that one. And I'll resubmit my query.
Jan 9, 09:29 by Michael-Xavier Maelstrom
Do you 'ave ANY idea what a vapid wasteland of lark's vomit it is out there on the Internet when it comes to -quality content- particularly of the "professional quiet" kind?

The alchemy 'ere that results in minimal flash, maximum informed opine serves a beverage that we are not often treated to on the net.

So, Please do not make me go back out there looking for a place like IROSF again.

It is a Quest far more perilous than the one's involving dragons and rings.

And one, I suspect, in which one (this one) will suffer the indignity of growing old, trying.

regards,
michaelmaelstrom
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sometimes.
Jan 9, 13:14 by Bluejack
Lark's vomit??? It doesn't say anything about lark's vomit!

Ah it does, on the bottom of the box, after monosodium glutamate.

Seriously, thanks Michael.
Jan 19, 07:41 by Adrian Simmons
So what happened to John Frost, if I may ask? Sudden illness? Finally met a better knife-fighter?
Jan 27, 10:43 by andre
-----------------------MoneyLineCorp Virtual Business-----------------------

Have you ever thought how to earn money without any physical strength? Our corporation MoneyLineCorp gives you such proposal. MLcorp works in virtual business industry. Payment transactions have become an integral part of e-business success nowadays.

http://moneylinecorp.com - here you can find everything that is needed to start your small business.
Our corporation works 24 hours a day. If you are interested in our proposal please do not hesitate to contact us.
It is not an advertisment and fraud, you can really earn money.
We help you, you help us

You can contact us straight through email : postmaster@moneylinecorp.com
The title of the letter should be: MoneyLinecorp Virtual Business.

We think that you will be interested.
Have a nice day!
ML support Andre Schuster

MoneyLineCorp Ltd.
Emil-Figge-Strasse 76 D-324
Dortmund
Germany

Want to Post? Evil spammers have forced us to require login:

Sign In

Email:

Password:

NOTE: IRoSF no longer requires a 'username' -- why try to remember anything other than your own email address?

Not a subscriber? Subscribe now!

Problems logging in? Try our Problem Solver