December 2005

Dec 9, 03:10 by IROSF
Thread for the discussion of the December issue in general, or Bluejack's editorial.
Dec 9, 04:31 by Carl Frederick
Even though I've had some issues with your reviews and your reviewing proclivities, I've appreciated your commitment to SF and the intelligence and collegiality shown in your analyses. I will miss them.

-Carl Frederick
Dec 12, 06:28 by Carl Glover
I'll miss Joy Ralph's delightfully incomprehensible editorials. I could never quite figure out what she was saying, but it was always fun trying.

I'm of two minds about Bluejack's decision to relinguish the magazine reviews. I have sometimes been amused and enlightened by his well-written and often insightful comments, but it seemed to me that he leaned a little too far to the left in his opinions, and was peculiarly anti-science at times. But, hey, maybe that's just my own biases talking here. Anyway, I'll be interested to see what approach the new reviewer takes.

Here's hoping you can keep the banner flying!
Dec 12, 17:51 by Bluejack
Anti science? Moi?

Anti-bad-science, sure; anti-weak-character-in-scifi, maybe; but not anti-science, I hope!

And I do hope Joy's editorials will again be seen in these pages, but the future is never a certain thing around here.
Jan 1, 19:24 by Normand D. Paquin
A prosperous Year 2006 to IROSF Team & Coordinator. Lots of new inspiring SF worlds to discover and share with your readership.
Jan 2, 12:12 by Bluejack
Thanks, Missisquoi...

I've just returned to Seattle from the usual holiday travels, and am just sitting down to get back to work on IROSF. I'm looking forward to 2006, and hope that we can continue to improve our offerings here.

Jan 4, 07:33 by Sherry Decker
Well, I hope you got a big dose of sunshine wherever you were, because Jeff Renner predicts a long line of storms from off the Pacific. (We must keep the reputation of constant rain here in Seattle - to hold back the migration of people from other states, not to mention the traffic :)
Jan 4, 14:34 by Bluejack
No, it rained the whole time I was in Philly. Unusual for that time of year: usually it's snow or nothing.

But I have some trips to warmer, sunnier climes planned, so hopefully I'll get a little vitamin D, yet.

Want to Post? Evil spammers have forced us to require login:

Sign In

Email:

Password:

NOTE: IRoSF no longer requires a 'username' -- why try to remember anything other than your own email address?

Not a subscriber? Subscribe now!

Problems logging in? Try our Problem Solver