Live from the Future

Mar 19, 03:13 by IROSF
Have a comment Steven Utley's latest take on the fifties?

The article can be found here.
Mar 31, 19:40 by Bill Spangler
I think I can identify the Science Fiction League of America that Steven Utley mentions in "Live From the Future"
In an interview in his non-fiction collection <i>Dancing Naked</i>, William Tenn says, "...Ted Sturgeon organized something on television called <i>Tales of Tomorrow</i>, that is, television half-hour shows,using science fiction stories. And a whole group of us got together as sort of...how would I, what would I call it...kind of a mutual, mutual property fund or manufacturer's cooperative...that is, there were about eight or ten writers (and)the producers of the show would use only our stories."
He doesn't use the name Science Fiction League of America, but that seems to be what he's talking about.
Bill Spangler
Quakertown Pa.
Apr 8, 11:53 by Steven Utley
Thank you, Bill. I would enjoy learning more about sf writers working in television during the early 1950s. Captain Video, for instance, eventually boasted Lester Del Rey as a consultant and solicited scripts from Jack Vance, Arthur C. Clarke, Robert Sheckley, Damon Knight, James Blish, Isaac Asimov, C. M. Kornbluth, and other real actual scientifictioneers.

Want to Post? Evil spammers have forced us to require login:

Sign In

Email:

Password:

NOTE: IRoSF no longer requires a 'username' -- why try to remember anything other than your own email address?

Not a subscriber? Subscribe now!

Problems logging in? Try our Problem Solver