Attack of the Killer Sock Puppets

Jun 4, 02:40 by IROSF
Comment below!
Jun 4, 14:22 by Scott Lawson
Good essay. I look forward to reading your fiction.
Jun 4, 15:39 by Philip Kaldon
Hear-hear! Clarion is a unique experience... shared by hundreds of writers at three sites worldwide. (grin) It's hard to encapsulate the experience, but your essay does a nice job. The year I was at Clarion in East Lansing MI USA, 2004, we also had one of the organizers of the first Clarion South, so I've always had a soft spot for Clarion South and have met a number of its alumni. This year when I heard of the financial problems caused by the unexpected faculty turnover, I had just that day been paid for my first Australian publication -- "Machine" in the current issue #38 of Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine -- and I sent the money to Clarion South. It seemed the Right Thing to Do. (big grin)

Dr. Phil
Jun 5, 15:55 by J Andrews
Thanks for this. It's always great to hear about other people's Clarion experiences, and we don't often get to hear about Clarion South in particular.

We even shared an instructor!
Jun 10, 02:13 by Aidan Doyle
Thanks for your comments everyone.

I just returned from the Australian national science fiction convention in Adelaide. I had the chance to catch up with a few of my fellow Clarionites, which was a lot of fun.

Congratulations on the sale Philip!

Which instructor did you have Julie?

Want to Post? Evil spammers have forced us to require login:

Sign In

Email:

Password:

NOTE: IRoSF no longer requires a 'username' -- why try to remember anything other than your own email address?

Not a subscriber? Subscribe now!

Problems logging in? Try our Problem Solver